• The atmospheric city of Córdoba with its amazing UNESCO heritage site of the Mezquita.
• The main city of Granada, famous for its Alhambra Palace, a must see in Spain and a unique place in all of Europe.
• A cycling route full of spectacular vistas of olive groves and diverse towns.
• Accommodation in traditional hotels, central, comfortable and in keeping with the Andalucian style, one where even Christopher Columbus stayed.
• Many attractions along the route to enhance your trip and enjoy.
• Ride by the Subbética natural parklands & Spain’s olive groves
• Experience Alhama de Granada, the Subbética’s villages of Zuheros and Iznájar
• Savour the tastes of Andalucia with its exceptional olive oil, sherry, and almonds
• Visit towns and villages which have a rich heritage from Neolithic, Roman, Medieval, Baroque, and modern times.
• Accommodation 6 nights B&B in double standard room & overnight bike storage. Mixture of country inns, 3 & 4 star hotels.
• Food Included: All 6 breakfasts and 1 Dinner (3 courses with wine/soft drink/beer)
• Set up Meeting with local rep
• Emergency Help Line & Support
• Luggage Transfer Daily
• Water Bottle & luggage locater tags
• Kit: Handlebar bags, lock & pump (1 between 2 cyclists), water bottle, extra tubes, puncture repair kit, multi tool, tyre levers. Panniers and rack on hybrid bikes can be requested.
• Phone App Navigation maps & Guide (charger supplied if needed)
• Detailed roadbook of information, profiles & maps and GPS loaded with tracks
• Handbook - packed full of info and history with tips on local secrets and places to eat
• Guide and support vehicle (price on request)
• Evening meal on all days aside Day 2
• Insurance and personal expenses
• Bike Hire
IberoCycle will pick up from arrival points in Bilbao or Santander for this tour. This includes hotels, railway stations, ferryports, bus stations and airports. The same is true at the end of the tour. Please contact us if you have an early flight or departure on the last day, so we can let you know if it is possible for us to get you to departure point on time.
Air - The closest airport is Santander Airport. This airport has the following destinations. However, it is a smaller than Bilbao Airport so has fewer connections. It is used as a hub by RyanAir, with connections to both Spanish and European cities. Further to the east is Bilbao Airport. Here we probably have more flight options, although transfer time to the start point of the cycle tours tends to be around 90 minutes. You may find this map useful for planning itineraries by air.
Train - Both Bilbao and Santander are connected to inland Spain by the Inter-City RENFE network. Trains are relatively inexpensive. On arrival, it may be more convenient to leave the train in Torrelavega, just one stop before Santander. There is a train service along the coast from Santander; east to Bilbao and the Basque Country, or west to Oviedo and Asturias. However, this is a narrow-gauge railway run by RENFE FEVE and is rather slow and infrequent.
Bus - Santander has good connections by bus to most Spanish cities run by ALSA. Buses are economical and comfortable.
Sea - Santander and Bilbao are connected to the United Kingdom by ferries run by Brittany Ferries. This may be a fun and interesting way to travel if you have the time (the crossing takes around one day), but tends to be more expensive than the many flight options.
We think cycle touring is the ideal way to travel in Europe and that is why we are very pleased to launch European Bike Adventures, as it allows us the opportunity to offer a whole new set of experiences to people we know will appreciate them.
Accordingly we have taken our time in selecting the portfolio of cycle tours you find listed here.
A selection of hand-picked bike trips in spectacular places throughout Europe that focus on fun with the same attention to detail and quality that hundreds of our very satisfied clients have been enjoying with Ibero Cycle Tours since 1999.
There is plenty on offer for vegetarians to eat. Restaurants tend to be fairly flexible and in general have no trouble in catering special requirements. The same also goes for different allergies such as gluten, lactose etc. Please let us know when booking and we will make sure that the hotels are fully aware.
The last few years have seen a revolution in the use of e-bikes. We now offfer e bikes on absolutely all of our rides. There are of course multiple advantages to using one on a bike tour:
The difficulty level is lowered by a grade. Thus an intermediate level tour becomes an easy tour as the motor assists pedalling.
The distance you can cycle on each day is effectively "reduced". Longer distances become accessible to a greater range of riding abilities.
Ability levels between riders on the same tour are levelled out as riders can choose an e-bike to enable them to keep up with stronger riders.
No more worrying about the hills!
So if you are in any doubt about whether a particular tour might be too challenging for you, then take the e-bike option. You can still get a good workout by keeping the pedal assistance level low. E-bikes are now available on all of our tours. And many have both the standard e-bike and also the road e-bike.
|Self Guided / per person
|Standard Andalusia - Córdoba to Granada (2024)
|Road bike rental