• The main city of Granada, famous for its Alhambra Palace, a must see in Spain and a unique place in all of Europe.
• The romantic town of Ronda, loved by all, including the movie producer Orson Welles and writer, Ernest Hemmingway.
• A cycling route full of spectacular vistas and diversity – see El Chorro gorge or the Caminito del Rey, clinging to rock!
• Accommodation in traditional hotels, central, comfortable, luxury and in keeping with the Andalucian style.
• Attractions along the route like El Chorro, Caminito del Rey and El Torcal Park
• Ride through the Sierra de los Nieves and the Puerto del Viento pass
• Experience Alhama de Granada, the Axarquía area and Antequera
•Savour the tastes of Andalucia with its exceptional olive oil, sherry and almonds
•Visit towns and villages which have a rich heritage from Neolithic, Roman, Medieval, Baroque and modern times.
• Accommodation 6 nights B&B in double standard room & overnight bike storage. Mixture of country inns, 3 & 4 star, Parador & luxury hotels.
• Food Included: All 6 breakfasts and 1 Dinner (3 courses with wine/soft drink/beer)
• Set up Meeting with local representative.
• Emergency Help Line of 24 hours & Support
• Daily Luggage Transfer
• Water Bottle & luggage locator tags
• Kit: Handlebar bags, lock & pump (1 between 2 cyclists), water bottle, extra tubes, puncture repair kit, multi tool, tyre levers. Panniers and rack on hybrid bikes can be requested.
• Phone App Navigation maps & Guide (charger supplied if needed)
• Detailed roadbook of information, profiles & maps and GPS loaded with tracks
• Handbook - packed full of info and history with tips on local secrets and places to eat
Entrance to Alhambra Palace or museums en-route & Sports Massage treatments in Granada or Alhama / Hot bath exp
We think cycle touring is the ideal way to travel in Europe and that is why we are very pleased to launch European Bike Adventures, as it allows us the opportunity to offer a whole new set of experiences to people we know will appreciate them.
Accordingly we have taken our time in selecting the portfolio of cycle tours you find listed here.
A selection of hand-picked bike trips in spectacular places throughout Europe that focus on fun with the same attention to detail and quality that hundreds of our very satisfied clients have been enjoying with Ibero Cycle Tours since 1999.
There is plenty on offer for vegetarians to eat. Restaurants tend to be fairly flexible and in general have no trouble in catering special requirements. The same also goes for different allergies such as gluten, lactose etc. Please let us know when booking and we will make sure that the hotels are fully aware.
The last few years have seen a revolution in the use of e-bikes. We now offfer e bikes on absolutely all of our rides. There are of course multiple advantages to using one on a bike tour:
The difficulty level is lowered by a grade. Thus an intermediate level tour becomes an easy tour as the motor assists pedalling.
The distance you can cycle on each day is effectively "reduced". Longer distances become accessible to a greater range of riding abilities.
Ability levels between riders on the same tour are levelled out as riders can choose an e-bike to enable them to keep up with stronger riders.
No more worrying about the hills!
So if you are in any doubt about whether a particular tour might be too challenging for you, then take the e-bike option. You can still get a good workout by keeping the pedal assistance level low. E-bikes are now available on all of our tours. And many have both the standard e-bike and also the road e-bike.
|Self Guided / per person
|Standard Andalusia - Granada to Ronda (2024)
|Road bike rental